I was inspired to post this today because of all the help that I have received by reading other blogs.
I recently purchased my first Licca-chan doll (Takara Tomy). Anyone who is familiar with these dolls will know how cute they are. There is a huge variety from which to choose, but I decided on a doll decked out in football kit (soccer to Americans) so she could play with Lottie. Licca-chan is taller than Lottie, more of a size to be my anniversary Skipper’s best friend, but that shouldn’t stop her from playing footie with Lottie.
Unfortunately, beneath Licca-chan’s clothing there was a very unpleasant surprise! When I started to dress her in a lovely party dress, I discovered she was very badly stained by her clothing. A quick search around the internet led to the following solution – still a work in progress.
Here are the steps, illustrated below:
- Use an acne medication that contains benzoyl peroxide.
- Wrap the parts of the doll that you do not want to damage with the bleaching effect.
- Apply the ointment to only the stained areas. I am using an eyeshadow brush.
- Place the doll in the sunlight.
- Once the ointment has dried and is flaky, gently wash off the treatment and examine the stains.
- Repeat as necessary.
Although this process is slow, some of the minor stains have already disappeared. Licca-chan had very slight staining on her breasts which vanished after one day. I’ll keep you posted with her progress!